PublicTransport@SG provides users with the convenience of accessing both static and live public transport (PT) information from a single website. Besides bringing PT information virtually to users, the website also features the latest PT related news and information on PT promotion campaigns and initiatives. The information provided is across operators and modes.
PublicTransport@SG was developed by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore.
The main features of PublicTransport@SG include:
- Interactive maps to get around Singapore.
- Public Transport information such as bus service information, key bus services maps, MRT and LRT system map, the Public Transport Guide and premium bus services.
- Real time information on Bus Arrival Time is also available for selected bus stops.
- User Guide on SMS Bus Arrival Information.
- Hyperlinks to related websites such as TransitLink's Public Transport Journey Planner, the Singapore Tourist Pass and links to the public transport operators’ websites.
- Latest public transport related news and public transport promotion campaigns and initiatives.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport, that spearheads land transport developments in Singapore.
LTA plans the long-term transport needs of Singapore, taking care of those who drive as well as those who take public transport. The ultimate goal - a smooth and seamless journey for all.
The LTA was established on 1 September 1995. We were formed through the merger of four public sector entities, namely:
- Registry of Vehicles
- Mass Rapid Transit Corporation
- Roads & Transportation Division of the Public Works Department
- Land Transport Division of the then Ministry of Communications
A people-centred land transport system.
To provide an efficient and cost-effective land transport system for different needs.
- To deliver a land transport network that is integrated, efficient, cost-effective and sustainable to meet the nation's needs.
- To plan, develop and manage Singapore's land transport system to support a quality environment while making optimal use of our transport measures and safeguarding the well-being of the travelling public.
- To develop and implement policies to encourage commuters to choose the most appropriate transportation mode.
- Make Public Transport a Choice Mode
- Optimise Road Network and Enhance its Accessibility
- Excel in Service Quality
- Create Value and Instil Pride in Our Work